Monday, August 10, 2009

Our Vacation Part One

We had a really nice vacation. We went to Lake Nantahala in the North Carolina Mountains. It was about an eight hour drive for us. We literally almost drove the entire state of NC from East to West. It is absolutely beautiful there. I've always said that the best thing about NC are their mountains and beaches.


Mattie's entertainment on the way there.



This is the house that my mom rented for all of us to stay in for the week.


75 stairs up and down to the house and lake! I'm out of shape!

This was the view from our dock. It was absolutely beautiful and peaceful.

The girls jumping into the cool refreshing water! It was crystal clear.

More pictures to come later.......

8 comments:

Beverly said...

oh my that would be so beautiful to stay there! bet you had a great time.

Emily said...

Can we say GORGEOUS! Oh I wish I was there too!
I can't wait until Justin is forward facing in his carseat! At his 15 month check up last week he is only 18 lbs. Too small to sit forward, but we can't wait until he can!

JennyH said...

What a great jumping shot!! the trip sounds like it would be fun. But what beach isn't fun?!

Lacey said...

Oh my gosh, beautiful. I guess you have to have all those stairs to get that view. That would be so much fun.

Ria said...

Hi. First time visitor here. Found your blog through Anna Banana's blog. I have a 22 month old son with Down syndrome and I blog about him and our family at Bill and Ria.

That lake is beautiful. That one photo you took looks like it could be on a postcard.

The Lehnick Family said...

What a beautiful place to spend a vacation...what a neat house that is! Thanks for sharing the pics! So fun!

Kathryn M. said...

That looks like so much fun! I'll have to get the info from you. We haven't done much in the NC mountains since it is much closer for us to go to VA. I hate to spend a whole day driving there and back. What other fun things did you get to do there?

Stephanie said...

More pics please. I was just getting into those, what a beautiful lake and house! Wow!