Monday, July 27, 2009

Sew Busy

Over the last 2 weeks I've been "sew" busy making some fun things. I love to sew and I would love to have a sewing room just for me. My mom has the best sewing room. I have to drag my stuff out every time I want to sew. We just don't have a lot of space unless I made my girls room together. I would like to keep my sanity so that will not happen. So anyway, I've taken over the dining room table. Every night I move all my stuff so that we can eat as a family. This will work for the summer but when we go back to school that will become our homework table. There won't be much time for sewing either...more reason why I'd love to have a room. SO what have I been making? Take a look.


This is a shopping cart cover. I bought the pattern when I was pregnant and finally made it. Now Mattie can stay germ free.



I love these little crayon holders! They roll up and tie keeping the crayons safe and snug. Caroline picked the fabric for this one.


This was my practice one.


I needed new chair pads badly. These really only cost me time since my mom already had the fabric. I recycled the stuffing from the last ones. I'm going to do the same for the pillows.

What is next? You'll see. I'm planning on doing a bloggy giveaway very soon! So be on the look out!





10 comments:

Beverly said...

wow, you have been busy!!! Those are so great! I know I wish I had a craft room for everything I love to do!

Lacey said...

I'm a terrible sewer. I love to crochet around my blankies, but I'm glad I found someone to do the hemstitching for me :)

Emily said...

Sew cute!!!

heidi marie said...

i love all the stuff. but i especially love the crayon holder. i saw this idea somewhere else and i thought it was the cutest idea. it would make a great gift with makeup brushes in it!!!

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

I've been sewing a lot lately too! I've got jammies in the works and some shirt for Diva's birthday party.

Love the stuff you made. Too cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh fun! You make fun stuff. I just made curtains for our camper and now have to do covers for all the cushions in it. I'm with you I would love a sewing room!

RK said...

Wow... I can't even keep my dishes done! You're too cool for me!! :)

Stephanie said...

OK, I am just a little jealous. I wish I could sew. My Grandmother and Aunt could both sew beautifully, I should have learned while I had the chance. Unfortunately they are both gone, now who has the time to learn even if someone could teach me. You are very lucky.

Stephanie said...

P.S I just saw Mattie take a step! YIPEE!!!! Good job sweetie!

JennyH said...

Those are all so cute! Love the design on the chair pads.