Friday, July 3, 2009

Crafty Time

Caroline joined the local reading program at our library. Their theme is creativity. She really has had a great time this year. Every week we go to the library for story hour and to check out more books. Each week they focus on a topic. They've had a magician, music, dance, and art. As she reads, she earns points. Then she turns those points in for prizes. Last week, she earned a blank mask. She had to use her imagination and decorate the mask. Then she took it back in to have her picture made. They will hang her picture up in the library with all the other kids and their masks. I think she did an awesome job on her mask!



I also have been wanting to start making bows for the baby. It is so hard to find bows that will stay in her hair. Plus they can get very expensive. So I decided to try my hand at it and found it quite fun. I can't wait to try different styles and ribbons. Here is my very first bow. I didn't think it turned out too bad.


Mattie sporting her new bow.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I think you did awesome! That bow is adorable! Hmmm.... you could make yourself some extra money with that talent!

Denise said...

I love the bow...I see Caroline gets her craftiness from her mother. Now you can just ribbon to match an outfit and make a bow. Can you please describe how you did this? Or just send some our way???? :)

The Lehnick Family said...

How fun! Love craft times! Your daughter did great! And your bow is awesome! I starting making bows when my daughter was born and am now making and selling like crazy...so get going girl...nice little side money and I love making them!

Stephanie said...

Caroline, great mask!!!! And I love Matties bow, You could sell them on all our blogs and make a bundle!

Beverly said...

so cute!