Sunday, May 10, 2009

Our Busy Weekend

It has been quite the busy weekend! It started on Friday when I came home from school with an extra family member. I just couldn't resist. A girl I work with was giving away 7 week old kittens. Our family cat is now 12 and the girls never got to experience the playful side of a kitten. And who could resist those beautiful blue eyes! So now the biggest issue is her name. We really haven't come up with one that everyone likes. So far she has been called Boo, Tippy, and Kitty. Not too original huh? We are open to any suggestions! She is such a good kitten. Sadie....the family cat isn't quite sure how to take her and won't get near her. That will be our second challenge......getting her to warm up to her.




On Saturday, I went strawberry picking with Caroline. It has been a tradition with my mom to go strawberry picking on Mother's Day weekend. Well, my mom had to work, Abby was too crabby and didn't want to go, and Mattie can't walk yet. So that left me and Caroline. We had a really nice time and each picked two flats. I forgot to bring my camera to the field but here is Caroline at home posing with her strawberries.


Mattie loved the strawberry and boy did it make a mess! It was her first fresh strawberry from the strawberry patch. I hope she can join us next year.


Today we had Parent Commitment Sunday at church. We made our promise to raise Mattie in a Christian home and teach her all about God's Word. What a special gift we've been given from God and I am so thankful she was sent to us! I remember when she was born how confusing and scary it was that she had Down syndrome. I remember praying and praying while waiting for the blood test results that she wouldn't have ds. God had a plan and it wasn't mine. I am so grateful for Mattie and I wouldn't change her for the world. She has opened our eyes to a whole new world. A beautiful world like I never envisioned. A true blessing from God!



After church, we went to Red Lobster for lunch. While waiting we took a few pictures. We took quite a few shots.......here is one of the girls.......not too bad........



And THIS is the best shot of all of us. Don't you just love that shot of Mattie? If it wasn't her then it was Caroline who kept hopping off the rock we were sitting on. I just love these candid shots! Happy Mother's Day to all those moms trying to get that perfect shot!!






























8 comments:

Lacey said...

Happy mothers Day!!

Emily said...

Cute pictures! Happy Mothers Day!

Beth in NC said...

I love the pictures!

How about a name like Sasha for your kitty. It is sweet and it sounds good with Sadie. lol

Beth in NC said...

Hi Kim. I just sent you an email. Please check your spam folder if you don't see it soon.

Love,
b

Beverly said...

looks like you had a great weekend and I love the kitty!

Denise said...

You made me tear up with what you said about Mattie having Ds and how you wouldn't change her one bit. I feel exactly the same way!!! Ella is so amazing just the way she is. How about Lucy for the kitten's name? Our girls named our cat that a couple of years ago after Lucy from Narnia. The cat is beautiful!!!

JennyH said...

I love that little kitty. so cute! Yum- strawberries! I think Mattie liked them! Cute picture of all 4 of you! It's the thought that counts, right?

Kim said...

love the pic of all of you guys i wish i could have been there