Mattie's middle name is Rose. There is a long story at how this came to be, but I will try and shorten it the best I can. It all began before Mattie was even conceived. I had a dream and let's say it was very interesting. In short, it was about death. Well around the time I had this dream, I had a rose bush that grew this new long stem and produced this beautiful yellow rose. This rose grew at a time this bush never produces flowers which really caught my attention. I shared this story with others and was concerned with its meaning. Was God trying to tell me something? A lady I work with said, "you're going to have a baby...are you pregnant?" No way!! I'm done. Well.....I'd say about 6 months passed and surprise...We're pregnant! Fast forward to finding out the sex of our baby. Well, Matt really wanted her named after him and his middle name starts with "R" so we were throwing around some names. At this point, I'd forgotten about the rose. My friend Tracey mentioned the name. Then another friend of mine, Helen, also brought up the same name. We have another wonderful friend whose name is Rose. It was then I remembered "the rose!" It was decided her name would be Rose. At my shower, Helen, gave Mattie a rose bush. We decided to wait a week and plant the bush on Matt's birthday, Feb. 12th. So there is the story about how Mattie became Mattie Rose. I'm sure God had planned that too! Isn't it funny how He works?
Abby helping to dig the hole.

Matt planting the rose.

Caroline watering the rose.

Matt and myself with the rose.

Waiting to grow.....

The rose bush with its first bud. (May)

*Now the bush is so tall. We've had many roses. The most beautiful, sweet smelling roses! I saved the first one. I can't for the life of me find the pictures I took, but I know they are somewhere. I'll post them when I find them.
4 comments:
What a great story of how Mattie got her middle name!
That story still makes me tear up! And you right, God has a funny way of working sometimes....
I love this story and am inspired to write about how Lily's name came to be. You will be surprised :-)
This is a great story. It does me the same way too.
Post a Comment