Saturday, October 25, 2008

Six Things About Me.....

I've been tagged by 4 Green & Speckled Frogs to share six things you might not know or want to know about me, but I’m gonna tell you anyway.

#1 I am a very simple person that does not like a lot of frill. I wear khaki pants and a polo just about everyday to work. This works out well since our kids wear uniforms at the school where I work. I hardly put on make up and my hair routine is to wash, scrunch, and go. My poor girls don't have much of a role model when it comes to fashion.....good thing I have a lot of friends who can help them in that department.


#2 I love quilts. I have made one quilt and I never have time to handquilt the darn thing. One day I will finish this project. I even put it out where I would see it everday and I never touched it.......hence my #3......
My Quilt


#3 I would love to stay home so I could do the things I love. Sewing, quilting, cooking, and taking care of my family. Don't get me wrong, I love teaching if that is all I had to do. They, being the state and higher ups, put so much extra on teachers that it just takes the fun out of it sometimes.


#4 I guess you could call me a "people pleaser". I love to make sure everyone is happy. Of course, when it comes to my kids that is a different story. They don't get everything they want when they want and sometimes this doesn't make them happy. But hey that's life.


#5 I hate shopping for clothes for myself. Whenever I need to go shopping, I always bring something home for somebody else instead. I really don't care for shopping unless it is for the house, a project.....that I'll never have time to finish :-) or for other people. I actually enjoy grocery shopping most of the time. This is my alone time and I guess it feels like I'm accomplishing something. When things are in order, I feel in control. When things have gone crazy and out of order, I feel overwhelmed and out of control.


#6 I love sitting on the porch, drinking a cup of coffee or hot tea, and listening to the birds. We have bird feeders set up around the porch and I love to see all the different kinds of birds that visit. I also find it quite comical to watch the squirrels. I love nature and not afraid to handle most animals and creatures. Things that I'd rather not touch, I will collect in a cup or jar just so my kids can observe them.


Now it's your turn....Life With 4 Kiddos, Henry's Mommie, Gabi's World, Lily's Life is Great, Just RK, and Sarah, Class of 2008........tell me six things about you!

6 comments:

Tracey said...

You forgot to mentioned LAID BACK!
LOL I wish I was more like you!

RK said...

What a great list, Kim! Helps me color in the picture of you in my mind...scary isn't it? But that's how my brain works! I'm sure you are a wonderful teacher, of course, but who could blame you for wanting to be home with those awesome girls!

Thanks for the tag! I'm getting behind on these and just must set aside time to catch up!

JennyH said...

Thanks for thinking of me. I will first have to think of 6 things! I will try to post it soon. I am SO bad on posting these things though.

Frogs' mom said...

Thanks for playing Kim!!! Good to know there are other scrunch and go girls out there :0) I just let go of about 12 inches of hair and got back to my short, curly, bob (hoping it is not too much work, but more professional than the pony tail wrapped in a bun look).

heidi marie said...

okay i think if we knew one another in real life we would get along wonderfully...because you just describe me in your six things!!! seriously...it's frightening. one of my most precious gifts is a quilt my grandmother made for me when i got married. she passed away the same year and i am the last granddaughter to get one!

Michelle said...

Your quilt is beauitful! How talented!