Thursday, October 2, 2008

God Had A Plan

In this belly, a little baby girl awaited to enter the world. Who knew that she would just happen to have an extra chromosome? The answer would be God and only God. God had a plan!


Matt & I were in the process of making plans for him to get the "snip...snip", when little did we know God was making plans....different plans.....at the same time! We thought we were finished having babies, but quickly became excited about having another baby. We declined any extra testing during the pregnancy since we would have our baby regardless of the outcome. Plus.....everything would be fine! These things happen to other people, right? I had a wonderful pregnancy with no complications.....and I even got to find out the sex of our baby....for the first time! Yes....another girl! We have to name her after her daddy!
Mattie loved to push her foot along my right side. I remember being able to feel the shape of her foot. We loved instant potatoes, green olives, bread and butter pickles, and most of all oranges. I was sure that baby would come out with orange skin! What a wonderful pregnancy!

8 comments:

RK said...

His plan is always better! Why can't we get that through our thick skulls?!? :o)

JennyH said...

What a good pic. I hated being pregnant but glad I still got my prego belly pictures.

Kacey Bode said...

It is just so amazing how these things happen. When we least expect it we are given the greatest gifts!!

My name is Sarah said...

Nineteen years later and I still marvel at our amazing master plan, I like to call it "By Chance or By Design". This is Sarah's mom Joyce. (I am still at work so I get a few of my own moments at the computer :) I am so glad you found Sarah's blog. She is going to love looking at your photos. I wish I had thought to take a "belly" photo. You look so adorable. I look forward to keeping up with your Blessed Girls

Tracey said...

Good Lord I forgot how big that belly was! LOL!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful baby belly you had! God sure did have other plans for your family didn't He?!

Kim said...

you can say that again tracey lol god knew that you & matt would be great parents to mattie.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

What a beautiful pregnant belly and pregnant mommy!