Sunday, May 16, 2010

Back from a Looonnnng Break

I've taken a break from the blogging world. I've actually taken a break from a lot of things. I am hoping to get back to blogging on a more regular basis very soon. With school coming to a close, I will have a little more time to keep up with blogging and some other projects that have been neglected as well. Here is a quick update with no pictures. That is something I have neglected to do also. Take pictures. I haven't picked up my camera in over a month. I'll get it together soon I hope!

Mattie:
She continues to keep all of us grounded. Her contagious smiles and happy outlook on everything really helps to put prospective in life. She is still into everything. Climbing and making a mess is her number one source of entertainment. Forget the toys, she'd rather have the stuff that is off limits. I have found her on numerous occasions in the pantry with entire boxes of cereal and spaghetti noodles surrounding her on the floor. I keep asking her if she is trying to play "pick up sticks"? We are making small gains in communication, but I'll take it. We are using signs, sounds, and picture cards to help with her wants and needs. She is finally going up to the refrigerator and pointing to the picture card with her cup! Small steps but steps moving forward!

Caroline:
Poor Caroline. She is so stressed! This is the week of EOG's (End of Grade tests). She is very worried about the whole process. She has been doing well in school so I'm not too worried. She is just bent out of shape and we are all feeling the effects. I will be glad when this week will be over! Caroline continues to play softball. She has been doing a great job and really loves playing the catcher position. She also is into the silly bands craze. Grandma sent her some this weekend and she is having a blast sorting them and trading them. Thanks Grandma!

Abby:
Abby is the complete opposite of Caroline. EOG's? What are they? That's her attitude. She isn't bothered at all by them and in fact is sleeping like a baby. She just finished her school ball season and is now getting ready to start rec ball. She is itchin' to get back on the field. She too is into the silly bands. Thanks Grandma for hers too!

So that pretty much wraps it up. Hopefully, I'll dust that camera off very soon and get some pictures before the kids graduate college! And maybe it won't be another month before you see another post!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Its nice to hear from you and can't wait to see pics!

Lori said...

What?! No pictures?! That is almost a sin in my book =)
I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well. I miss seeing Mattie's gorgeous face =)

Emily said...

Great little update! I've been a blog slacker myself... great to see another post from you!