Monday, January 5, 2009

The Not So Brilliant Award.......

goes to Me!!! This is pretty much how it played out this evening. I'm cooking dinner....MMmmmm....broccoli Cheese soup. My recipe from Weight Watchers. I knock over the pencil sharpener that happens to be on the counter. It breaks so I decide to super glue it back together while my soup is simmering. Of course, I had to get the glue all over my fingers and it is now driving me crazy......is that why they call it crazy glue? It doesn't stop there. I go back to making my soup. I begin adding in the rest of the ingredients. It calls for cornstarch. No problem. Got that. Finish the soup. We all sit down to eat. I'm thinking boy this soup taste sweet. Must be the onions because nothing else could be sweet. Then it hits me. It wasn't cornstarch.....it was powdered sugar! We all just started laughing. What a stupid mistake. And you ask.....How could that happen? Don't you know how to read? The cornstarch box got wet sometime back and so I put it in a ziploc bag. When I was making cookies over the holidays, I put powdered sugar in a ziploc bag to shake the pecan balls. The bag must have gotten thrown into the cabinet instead of getting tossed. I then grabbed the wrong bag and presto.......Sweetened Broccoli Cheese Soup. Needless to say, it was gross and got tossed. I accept my award with great pleasure!

6 comments:

4funboys said...

I'm not sure how I got here... but the irony of see your life and mine... just had to laugh!

JennyH said...

That's funny! The soup sounds like it would be yummy- but with corn starch instead!

Kathryn M. said...

Life is so much more amusing when it happens to someone else but your attitude was winning as well. Pick out a weekend when you're free. My month is filling fast!

Tracey said...

LMAO~ I can't believe you didn't call me about this one~ Too funny! I have been honest on WW for 2 days. I should probably weigh so I know if I lost - I am scared...

Kathy said...

Now THAT is funny!

Linda said...

This is hilarious. Loved it!