Well I didn't really get a chance to post some closing remarks for the year 2010. It was a pretty uneventful year with some ups and downs. The biggest downs for us this year were vehicle problems. My husband has been through 3 vehicles this year. His trusty old Chevrolet broke down on him. We had just payed off our cars and really wanted to keep it that way. So the hunt for another vehicle started. We found the perfect mode of transportation for our family and we bought it. Well, that lasted about 6 or 7 months and the transmission went out. We are still looking for another one to replace that but in the meantime, he needed something to get and back forth to work. So we have just gotten another vehicle. Here's hoping that this will last us a little longer. Now that the not so good stuff is out of the way, I can focus on the great things. I really feel that I have so much to be thankful for.
Our health. We have been blessed with a healthy year. No hospital visits or any other major health issues. Mattie does still have Kidney Reflux and yes it got a little worse but it is still in a very manageable. We will continue to give her a nightly dose of medicine and monitor it throughout the New Year.
Our Faith. How awesome that we have the freedom to worship our God! Other countries aren't that lucky. I am also so thankful for my church family. I was able to go to a Women's retreat to the beach, Girlfriend's Unlimited Nights, Bible Study, and Joyful stitchers. Joyful stitcher's worked on sewing pillowcases for our local children's hospital. We were able to hand deliver them just a couple of weeks ago. It was very touching. I even got to meet a little baby with Down syndrome. She was in PICU recovering from her heart surgery. Her foster mom was grinning from ear to ear and you could just see the love she had for this little blessing from God.
Our Family. Being able to just spend time together. We were very thankful for our summer vacation to the beach, visiting the NC Aquarium, going to the ball field to watch our girls play softball, the Buddy Walk, Trunk or treat, Tailgating and ECU football games.
Our Friends. I can't say enough about our friends. They are always there for us no matter what!
And finally but not least having a very white Christmas Break! It was beautiful!!
Looking forward to a great year in 2011!
3 comments:
Here's to a great 2011! For us all!
Hoping for a fabulous New Year my friend!
I'm putting together a slideshow and would love to use a photo of Mattie..if you are interested, can you email me? Thanks so much!
Post a Comment