Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Footprints in the Sand

Just returned from a weeks vacation to the Outer Banks. We had a really nice time. Of course, you can never fully rest with a toddler but we made wonderful memories. I could never post about our whole trip at once so I've decided that I'm going to post over the next week or so. We camped at our favorite campground, Camp Hatteras. Everyone is so friendly and we always meet the nicest people. This trip we met a couple from Pittsburgh and another from Virginia. Caroline met a little girl who lives in Pinetown, NC. Abby made great friends with a boy from Virginia and a girl from New Jersey. Thank goodness for facebook so we can keep up with our new friends!


During your camp stay, they have activities planned Thursday thru Monday. We decided to participate in Footprints in the Sand. The cost- one dollar. The experience-priceless. Here are the girls getting the sand cast of their foot.





Mattie's footprint was harder since she didn't have enough weight to press down. After pressing, the activity directors sprayed the prints with hairspray and poured in Plaster of Paris.




One hour later, we picked up the girls' feet. Aren't they neat?


And one of my favorite poems, Footprints in the Sand..........






7 comments:

Rochelle said...

I love that poem too. The footprints are priceless! Very cool.

my family said...

love it!

Cindy said...

Such a cute idea! And only a dollar? What a deal!

To Love Endlessly said...

hey, what an awesome idea! Memories to cherish, that's for sure.

Beverly said...

so sweet

JennyH said...

That is very neat! Can't beat the cost either.

Kathryn M. said...

So sad I missed your week at the beach. Our week was crazy and probably wouldn't have been able to come visit but I would have tried! Glad you had fun.