Monday, June 21, 2010

So Excited......

We have really been working with Mattie on her communication skills. Most of the time we have to initiate the conversation by asking questions or showing signs. She will usually repeat the sign or point to what she wants. On occasion, she will go to her highchair and shake it when she is hungry. That is about the closest we've been to initiating what she wants. I'm so excited because today she did something new! I was sitting on the couch and she comes into the living room from the dining room. She says to me "Toe Toe"(while she is signing too) and then goes into the kitchen and points to the bread sitting on the counter. She wants TOAST! She just told me what she wanted without me asking her anything. Hooray for small victories!! I can't wait to share with her speech therapist tomorrow!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Hooray, Mattie!! It's the smallest victories that are cause for the biggest celebration:) I am so glad that you found us, Kim. How funny, that you got the girls and I got the boys!! I am most amazed that our little ones are February babies (Landon was born on 2/11/09)!! How neat is that?! OK Mattie, you got a whole year on Landon, show him how it's done!!!

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you and your family:)

Emily said...

Woot woot! That is wonderful!

Rochelle said...

WOO HOO, we are doing a happy dance for Mattie today! Awesome!

Lacey said...

yippee! I love getting excited about the little things!

Stephanie said...

YAY for Mattie!!! Toe toe is so cute too!! What a sweetie!!

I kinda like shaking the highchair too!! That definitely gets the point across!

Michelle said...

That IS exciting! Yay Mattie on getting your point across!